5/11/2008

Mounting board

First thing I did just after received my machines was making mounting boards.

When I was deciding set up my shop, I have figured out some furniture that would be replaced.That means I can chop down some pieces from them and make the mounting boards.

Some people suggested that, these kinds of miniature machine tools can be fastened directly on the bench top to get the maximum stability.

In my opinion, I prefer to leave the mounting board un-bolt to the bench top. Because, I will level my machines. So leave them un-bolt will let my later work easier.

Also, you may get more chances to use special accessories for your project. (Neither custom make or purchase one) If these accessories are over hanged from the machines, increasing the overall size of the machines,

At this moment, you find you haven’t enough space to install the accessories. You will pleased for didn’t bolt the mounting board to the bench top.




You can see my lathe was bolted on the pine wood board, but the board didn’t bolt to the desk top.

I don’t have socket driver for Hex. Nut, the counter bore holes at the bottom of the board can only fit with the screw head.

I've put the screw up side down, and add some epoxy putty under the flat washer to prevent damage of the bed painting.

沒有留言: